7/14/09

The beauty of self-distance

I had a real eye-opening experience on Sunday. I was in Öland, one of Sweden's beautiful islands. Anyway there was this big party at Sweden's biggest nightclub or something (on Öland, you might wonder...so did I...but there you go) and when the sun still was up...oh yeah I have to add that I was there working, not partying...anyway...There were alot of people but some of them particularly caught our eyes. One of them was a man in his mid/late twenties with a red blazer, his hair waxed back and sunglasses, of course. And he took himself so seriously. I mean he was aware of his every move. It's just so: SNORE!!!

The eye opener experience was when he got company at his table. The company consisted of 5 disabled persons in wheelchairs, all dressed up in funny costumes, having a blast! They were so much fun. They blew me away with their self-distance and it became extra obvious when you compared with the snore-bore next to them.

1 comment:

  1. After reading your presentation,really i feel you have attempted a new idea for beauty in distance.It's not bad...Hope many blog readers will like it.Thanks cheap cosmetics

    ReplyDelete