1/8/09

People are stupid, really

Me included. Ofcourse. Let me se how I can deploy this in the most difficult and incoherent way (my kind of way, that is).
Firstly I realized rather disturbing things during my 6 Months in Hong Kong:
  1. You can't get away with acting like you're on Holiday for 6 Months. Not when You are closer to the big three-o than twenty.
  2. There is a time when the adjective "loose" applies to your body too.
  3. Gravity...Is a fact.

Well...This is just the start. Bare with me. After realizing these, to me, horrifying and rather chocking truths I was hit by a ginormous punch in the tummy. (Yes I'm being figurative). You know the one where it feels like your intestines inhabit your throat (because what else could create such a feeling of a big blob (or lump...or blobby lump for that matter) in your throat combined with constant tummy-ache? The intestine-blobby-lump-tummy-ache, with time, turned into a bad habit of starting to cry in, very often, public places. Very annoying. People think you are a freak already with white hair and being tall as a building in Hong Kong. The punch was the news of my sister (the only one I have) being diagnozed with ovarian cancer.

There's nowhere to go from there. What do you do when you get news like that? Becides deal with the lump-blob-ache-crying kaskade. Well the road I chose was anger. I was so pissed off. I mean it was so unfair (still is) and so unlikely I didn't even believe it. I wished it was me instead. I guess all those feelings are common in these kinds of situations. Well anyway..This was about being stupid...sooooo.... Hence number four in my list of realizations in Hong Kong:

4. Number 1-3...They don't matter shit (sorry Mum, I mean crap).

So why do I think people are stupid? Well more ignorant than stupid, I guess. The thing I furthermore (oh yeah I'm an English teacher...we use words like "furthermore") realized was how come I don't get angry for other's sisters sake. Alot of people's sister's get cancer. Am I that selfish? Ignorant? Stupid? There's alot of bad things happening and I get angry now? Angry at God. Well it was about bloody time, you'd think.

Now my sister got operated on for the second time yesterday and her kemotherapy is well on its way, and I guess that's why I feel better and ready to write about it. She is a fighter (hon har pung, helt enkelt) and she will get better soon. So now my anger has given way. And my final realization for this post is: I can't be angry for all the sisters in the world. It's exhausting to be angry.

1 comment:

  1. LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS TO YOU BOTH! MArsupilami, sä oot NIIN IHANA! ja mä todella toivon teille molemmille PALJON voimia...kyl tää tästä...
    Mul on sua jo ihan HIRRRMUNEN ikävä :) millon tuut Helsingin puolelle?

    ReplyDelete