2/22/09

Epiffany in Paradise...

So you come to this remote paradise with all kinds of expectations and predetermined thoughts on how it's gonna be and even a slightly prejudice mindset. You spend 2 weeks there, totally spoiled. Just to be in a place like that is amazing.
Why is it amazing? Well...I guess cause it's so different from what you are used to. So far away from home. And you start to think. Oh crap...I should stop writing "you", since it's pretty clear that we (I; all the forms) are talking about me. This is my blog and it's always about me me me. (I even got a shirt in Hong Kong with a huge (I mean big enough to cover Pamel Anderssons titties) "M" on it. Totally EGO. I love it. The perfect "so-this-is-me-shirt", like the famous Carrie necklace SJP wore on Sex in The City. But the new thing now, if u hadn't heard, is to tattoo your name on your neck. I mean that's really good. You don't even have to talk to people anymore. You just flip your hair (well...all the girly girls out there who have long enough hair to flip some anyway) to introduce yourself. I'm just gonna point at my shirt and give people the "you-can-call-me-M-look".
So where was I... Yes...I was in PARADISE! And the thing about Paradise...and I guess every place on earth, is that you before you go there, have all kinds of expectations...Not only about the place...but about what it's gonna do to you. Especially the Paradise. It has to do something, right?

I had an epiffany in Paradise.

Paradise was totally fantastic. But I was still the same.

Hong Kong for 6 Months was amazing. But I was still the same.


Maybe wiser in some ways and definitely richer when it comes to experience, but still the same. I guess being grown up (physiologically anyway) means that you are pretty much who you are gonna be regardless of where you are. I hope you like me as I am, baby. ;) Wherever I am.

I don't mean that people can't change, but I guess the change, if there is one, is caused by something else than just change of location even if it were PARADISE. (I just really want everybody to know I've been to Paradise, a-ha a-ha)

1 comment:

  1. I know that you have been to Paradise and I am sooooo envious! :)

    ReplyDelete