4/14/09

Does love die?


I've been thinking about love lately. You hear a lot of this "we drifted apart" stuff going on and see a lot of relationships breaking up. Sad, but true. There are a bunch of people getting divorces now a days. Why?

Is it because we don't have time for each other anymore? Probably. Is it because we are too self centred? Most likely. Is it because love fades? I don't know. That's my thought and question for today: Does love fade? change character? die? Or is it like energy in the laws of physics: it just changes form but never fades? As an optimist I'd go for the last one. I think the problem now a days is that love is just not enough. We want more. We always want more.

2 comments:

  1. I think that love is a full time job... but if you're unlucky you end up with a job that requires many extra hours and shitty pay... I agree we want more but I also think it has something to do with personal development and what experiences you go through that shape you as a person. If only you, and not your partner, go through it you might find that your other half doesn't understand to what extent the experience has affected you and how you hav developed/changed as a person.

    ReplyDelete