4/25/09

Mioli, The Road and The Defender

This little (when I was thinking of what to call myself, just now, I started thinking of Puff Daddy for some strange reason. My second thought was that if Diddy were a girl, would he have been Puff Mommy?) Mioli the Muff (because that would totally work, right? Give me street cred and all? Oh yeah, def.) hit the road today. Had to drive to Västerås for work. No prob.
So off I went. And not just in some crappy stationwagon minivan, but in a Land Rover Defender from like...the sixties or something. It is fantastic. You could camp up there on the roof if you wanted to.

I was minding my own business, cruising in my leopard shades and just, you know, enjoying my coolness (which was ICE cold of course, I mean look at this baby!). All of a sudden I hear honking. I'm all excited.

Maria: oh they love my car (read: ME)

Whereupon the Volvo people overtake me (!) and give me a face AND obscene gestures.

Maria: oh no they didn't

And at that moment I realize I'm driving kind of in the middle of the road. Ha ha. Just for a second or so, no real danger, but this car is no Smart we're talking about. It's the Belgian Blue of cows. And I mean, I could drive in the middle of anything and it would keep going. But still, I was brought back to reality. Back from my übercoolness to just plain enjoying the Land Rover drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment