4/17/09

What pisses you off?

One thing that really gets me mad is injustice. And that we have plenty of in this world. Take this one case that has been given a lot of attention in the press here in Stockholm, Sweden: A swedish 15-year-old girl was repetedly sexually abused by a 42-year-old man, and then right before the court proceedings she killed herself, because it was all too much for the already so broken girl. Well now this man is going to be set free. Read an article about it here (in swedish). Set free! I just want to scream!

I've been reading a book about rapists, I know, pretty heavy stuff. The book is called "En riktig våldtäktsman" In english: A real rapist. It's about the society's view on rape. In the book the author tells about real cases and rapists and their stories of what happened. It gives me the creeps. As it is supposed to, I guess. It is fantastic in that way. It is time to openly discuss these matters and get the clearly needed changes done.

In several cases the rapists have gotten a milder sentence due to the woman wearing black underwear, red lipstick or a short skirt. The court has determined that that is a sign of the woman clearly wanting sex and the screams, struggling has not been enough for the man to understand she does, in fact, NOT want to have sex with him. This is OUTRAGOUS and makes me FURIOUS down to the bone. I mean, what kind of animals do we take men for? Do we think they are some kind of Neanderthals who, after seing a bit of black underwear, or heaven forbid, black lacy underwear, are incapable of stopping themselves. That it will make them see red and their brains go syntax error. I think we should give men more cred than that!

In one case the prosecuter wanted to quit the case, due to the woman wearing thongs. That made him believe that she wanted to have sex that night. Luckily the policeofficer was smart enough to tell the prosecuter that his wife wears thongs everyday but that hardly meant that she wanted to have sex everyday.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a rapevictim and sit there at the policestation being questioned for hours about what kind of clothes I was wearing and about my choice of underwear that night. Who's the victim here? In media, the society and in the justice system it seems the answer to that qestion is the men. The men are victims under their penis. As soon as blood rushes to their limb they lose control. That, my friends, is one ancient myth long overdue. Once again, I give the men more credit than that! That would mean all men are ticking timebombs of becoming rapists. The problem lies much deeper than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment