5/1/09

People! Start raising your children properly!

I know I'm the last to talk, since I have not yet squeezed out a mini-me, BUT I still want to say this...It should be mandatory for people to take a course in proper parenting or atleast a course in pedagogy before allowed being a parent. Well evidently that is not the case. This is what happened today:

I was at a café with my friend Malin and the line was long. Everybody wanted to buy icecream and drinks because the weather was gorgeous. Anyway there we are wating for our turn like the proper people we are. In comes a man in his 40-ies with his daughter who was maybe 3 years old. She sees the icecream box and says: icecream a couple of times, whereupon the dad comes after and says:

"No, you can't have any more icecream, Stella."

Stella whines one second.

The dad takes out the money, gets the icecream, pushes his way through the line up to the register and excuses himself with:

"I'm just gonna buy this icecream".

GAAAAAAH.

2 comments:

  1. Children seem to have no problem influencing their parents though! (And its funny to see all the parenting advice links google ad words provided with this article ... I'll have to check at least that one out...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Google is the best source of intel, right after the aftonbladet portal. ;)

    ReplyDelete