5/4/09

It's closing in...Soon it is time to...

...Run The Helsinki City Run 09.05.2009! Last year I ran my first half a marathon. It was quite an ordeal, since I the same morning of the run woke up with a pretty bad muscle spasm in my neck. I became so disappointed and angry because of it, I kicked a bed so hard I got a minor crack in the foot, too (ever heard of disguising pain with another?) I was in serious pain and could not move my head. Well you would think a physical therapist would have decided not to do the run, but persistant and stubborn as I am, I did. And man did I do it. I thought running 400 metres, which was the distance I competed in back in the day, was tough. But these 21 km would never end. Ha ha. Well I am very proud of completing the run and winning over a famous polititian on the last 100 metres. Don't tell anybody she's like 55 years old or something.


Anyway, now it is time again. Helsinki City Run, Round 2 (for me, that is). This time my father and brother were supposed to race me, but it seems they have gotten cold feet. My brother is in China and my father in America. I know, they went as far as they could.

This time I hope to be able to run without injury and my goal is to do a personal best.

My biggest fans: Dad, Mom, Myself and my hubby

Oh, by the way...I had to see a physical therapist for Months after the last run. She thinks I got a minor hernia in one of my cervical disks due to the strain. So don't try it at home, kids!

Pictures by Vesa Metsätähti. Copyright, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm with you in spirit. Me and David are going jogging in a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete