5/18/09

What is it with the post office in this country?

Compared to other parts of the world everything is very organized and reliable up here in the Nordic countries. It's safe and you know that you will get help if you go to the police and so on. But what is it with the post office that makes it completely impossible to deal with? Today I went to the convenience store where the post office now a days resides to get a couple of packages with stuff I ordered from the internet. She wanted to see my ID, which is perfectly fine. But when she sees it she says:

No, I want to see a swedish ID.

Mioli: Oh I don't have one.

cashier: You have to have a swedish passport or ID.

Mioli: Well I'm not a swedish citizen, it's kind of hard for me to get a swedish passport.

Finally she settled for my Europian Union driver's licence as ID and I got my stuff. You would think that a passport would be the most important piece of identification, but apparently not for the swedish post. You can get in and out of a country with your (in this case) finnish passport, but you cannot get a package out of the swedish post.

Time for an update, Posten?

2 comments:

  1. Det va bättre förr när man inte kunde köpa mat på samma ställe där msn hämtade sina paket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men då var tanterna ännu surare... ha ha

    ReplyDelete