3/25/09

The clock is ticking...

I was reading Men's Health (I know, I'm such a butch, but hey, they've got some interesting stuff in there. Just here me out) the other day and had kind of a chock...Here is what it said:

"By 30 your testosterone (the men's, not mine...just to make things clear) levels drop, so you produce less sperm and have weaker erections: a man over 35 is twice as likely to be infertile than at 25. (let me write that again for you: A MAN OVER 35 IS TWICE AS LIKELY TO BE INFERTILE THAN AT 25!!!!!!!!) There's also an increased risk of sperm DNA damage."

So guys...let's face it: It's not just the ladies' clock ticking. You've got some serious tic tacs of your own! And btw, did I tell you...my hubby turns 30 next month. And no, we don't have any plans for a pamper yet. DNA damage, here we come!

So what can you pore guys do? Well they (The journal Fertility and Sterility) say that eating zinc-rich foods will boost your sperm count by 74%.

FOODS RICH IN ZINC: Oysters, Shellfish, Brewers Yeast, Wheat Germ, Wheat Bran, All Bran cereal, Pine nuts, Pecan nuts.

OK SOURCES OF ZINC: Liver, Cashew Nuts, Parmesan Cheese, Fish, Eggs.

Munch away!



No comments:

Post a Comment