3/17/09

The element of surprize!

Don't underestimate the element of surprize! I went running tonight in Stockholm. Oh yeah, I'm training for my second half a marathon. On my way to check one of those bucket list numbers off (running the complete marathon). Anyway, I left home eightish and my hubby thought I should bring my phone. Nah, it's too fancy for swetting on, I said. So off I went. And OMG, kiss my squirrel! I had forgotten how bloody pitch black it gets here...even in March.

My route involves parts of forrest and stuff. I had to use my ZUNE (For you Mac lovers who don't know what that is...It's Microsoft's version of Ipod) as a flashlight. As I was running, all the criminal novels I've read resently came into mind. Fantastic. Did I have to read those "woman gets murdered in the woods" and "woman gets raped on her jogging trip"- books? I start running faster. It turns out it's very efficient running in the dark. You're like night rider; fast as lightning.

So there I am...running with my bodyguard ZUNE, which is pink BTW. And I look back...Nobody there...Heart pounding...Looking forward. And *swollows* there is a huge black creature. It's a man...No it's a giant. And I'm not a small girl at my 5"10 (or what is 179 cm in feet?)...So he had to be at least 2 metres. The giant is all dressed in black and looks totally like a gangster. He has a dog...this is all happening very fast. Remember...I'm Flash Gordon at this point running on my tiptoes. When I'm a few metres (9 feet...when are you Americans gonna realize the metric system is genious?) away from him ready to fight for my life (and thinking that Visa was right...should have brought my bloody phone) he turns around and... GETS STARTLED OUT OF HIS MIND!

The Hulk says: OMG! You have to make some sound when you come running like that!

Mioli thinks: Is this a trick? He wants me to slow down so he can knock me over?

The Hulk: Here I was daydreaming, and all of a sudden you come running like the wind and almost giving me a heartattack!

Mioli: Oh...I'm sorry!

Lesson for today:

1. Bring your phone when you go out for a run. And paper, your snot will flow!
2. Don't go running in dark woods all alone when it's dark. People do get mugged, killed and raped, usually women, even in Stockholm. So all of you thinking I'm just an exaggerating, easily startled chic (which I of course am): Think again.
3. Don't judge people by their looks. Even The Hulk can get startled. And Giants daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment