3/30/09

Men vs. Women

Or, as I'd like to put it: Women vs. Men...

It's something that has been on my mind recently. I'm in the middle of changing my career (I know, perfect timing with the oh so exciting credit crunch shaking the planet off of it's course) and have been thinking of doing some more studies. My husband said something that made me say:

"Sometimes I HATE being a woman!"

He said: "You know that nobody will hire you as an 30+ woman (hey hey hey hold your horses, this rosebud is not 30 yet, but if I study a few years...I will be) with no kids. That means we have to do the kids (I know, so romantic, my man) when you study." He's not insensitive, just very pragmatic.

Mioli: BUT I DON'T WANNA!!!!!

So now I'm all about proving him wrong! I'm gonna do my studies, start a fabulous career, have kids, once I'm 30+ and ready for it, and be an even more fabulous mom (a fabulous 30 + mom WITH a career!).

That was the first thing. The second thing was:


I did a job (event marketing) for Philips that included me demonstarting their fancy ironing system. People: It's not JUST an iron! It's an entire SYSTEM! Before the job I got a really good education in the subject and there they told me:

Philips has done a market analysis that established that 48% of the men in the Nordic countries iron their own clothes themselves. That is an exceptionally high percentage compared to other regions/countries.

Mioli: Okay...WTF????? 48%!!!! And that's good? Exceptionally good? You've got to be kidding me?!!!

And 11% of those men iron naked. All of them live in Gothenburg.

Okay, that I dig.


I think alot more men and women would iron if it looked a little bit more like this doing it:



No comments:

Post a Comment