3/9/09

Some things are just not your fault.

I visited my sister last week and got the honour to shave the last bit of her goldie locks off. First of all...not everybody can pull a bald head off, but my sister can! Bald and beautiful! One day I'll put a pic of her perfect skull up here.

She told me that she has gotten compliments on being brave and staying positive in the midst of this battle of cancer and chemotherapy. And that she has. But she is still a woman and misses her hair...eyebrows...and half of her eyelashes (the armpit hair...not so much, though). She spoke about it to our cousin, Rami. And he said such a smart thing. You know one of those things you know, but need to hear...And when you do...you go: ahhhh, that's so true.

Rami: "I admire your positive attitude and strength"

Annika: "Thank you, I try my best, but I don't look too hot, though"

Rami: "But that's not your fault"

That's when my sister realized that some things you can't affect. It's better to put your energy on the things you can, like your attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment